Light Tec is happy to inform you about CODE V version 11.0 !
CODE V 11.0 includes the following features, which will be described in more detail in the release notes:
– New CODE V SpecBuilder and SpecEvaluator interfaces help you to quickly evaluate a resident optical system against requirements and design objectives that you define using built-in and user-defined specifications. SpecBuilder uses a Specification and Goals Table presentation that makes it fast to identify specifications that are not met.
– Enhanced chief ray-finding delivers improved ray tracing robustness and makes it easier to troubleshoot systems with chief ray errors. Previous versions of CODE V could sometimes find alternate, mathematically valid, but undesired chief ray paths. Now when the chief ray for the first field (F1 R1) traces correctly, other fields will use information from this ray trace for chief ray finding.
– CODE V is now DPI aware so that it displays well on high-resolution monitors (e.g., 4K).
– The CODE V glass catalog has been updated from CODE V 10.8 Service Release 1 (SR1) for the following suppliers: CDGM, Hikari, Hoya, NHG, Ohara, Schott, and Sumita.
– Two new Macro-PLUS predefined functions compute the point spread function for the resident lens at a user-specified zoom, field, wavelength, and focus position:
- PSF_1FLD allows Macro-PLUS access to the PSF header information, Strehl ratio, and moments.
- PSF_DATA_1FLD allows access to the same information as PSF_1FLD, plus all the intensity values in the PSF transform grid.
– New and modified sample macros in Tools > Macro Manager > Sample Macros:
- Environmental Modeling > DNDTCALC, which computes dN/dT values at any wavelength or temperature, has multiple changes.
- Utilities > REFCHECK has been modified to support checking the reference ray trace at all wavelengths, include summary output, and support a global variable to flag reference ray trace errors. You can now access it directly from the Analysis > Diagnostics > Check Reference Rays menu.
- Utilities > ZEMAXTOCV, which converts Zemax/OpticStudio lenses to CODE V, has been updated to fix a bug related to monochromatic systems.
- Photonics Analysis > MULTIMODE_COUPLE, which computes the coupling efficiency for a multimode fiber, has been updated to fix a bug related to array variable dimensioning.
For additionnal information you can visit Synopsys web site.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you for your using Synopsys products.